FULL-TIME Employment Opportunities
Click here to download our Employment Application.
To print the application, simply click "print" on your browser and wait for it to print. When the application printing is completed, click the "back" button on your browser to return to this page. If you would like to attach a resume to your application, please do so.
- Support MOSI’s mission, values, vision, and core commitment to the visitor experience, community engagement and institutional relevancy for the future
- Contribute to and support the MOSI strategic plan, priorities and institutional initiatives
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture based on mutual respect, a spirit cooperation and openness to many perspectives
- Participate in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, creativity, and community engagement
- Monitors, troubleshoots and performs necessary repairs on all electrical systems and their components
- Performs craft and carpentry installations and repairs throughout the facility
- Performs miscellaneous building maintenance tasks, such as masonry, painting, lighting, etc.
- Performs plumbing installations and repairs throughout the facility
- Monitors and maintains all lighting fixtures throughout the facility, repairing and/or replacing when necessary.
- Performs regular maintenance and repairs of all doors, locksets and hardware
- Assists Facility Maintenance Manager with regulatory compliance, including inspections and thorough record keeping
- Performs various assigned preventative maintenance tasks regularly
- Analyzes problems in order to make accurate repairs to the facility
- Maintains inventory of maintenance parts, materials, and supplies, including organizing, stocking, etc. for all Facilities maintenance tasks, repairs, and assignments
- Retains control of and protects MOSI tools and equipment and keeps all tools and equipment in good working condition and repair
- Keeps work areas clean and organized
- Projects a positive demeanor at all times towards fellow staff, tenants, guests, vendors, etc
- Assists other Facilities staff as needed and/or assigned
- Conducts a safe, secure work environment at all times for the benefit of guests, staff, self, and others
- Other duties as needed and assigned
FACILITY MANAGER MUST HAVE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Trade School Diploma or Certification a plus
- Three to five years of experience required in the commercial/ industrial/ building upkeep trade
- Three years of experience preferred in two or more of the following trades- plumbing, mechanical, carpentry and masonry
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- Standing for 2 to 4 hour shifts
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, squatting, stooping, and crouching
- Occasional kneeling
- Frequent climbing of stairs, ladders, scaffolding, etc
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs
- Working with/on various types of lift and motorized equipment
- Various shift changes may be required to complete assigned work in conjunction with MOSI’s various program schedules
- MOSI is open 363 days a year. Employee may be required to work some special events which may fall on holidays, evenings, and/or weekends
- Skilled in mechanical, craft, minor construction, and maintenance trades.
- Knowledge of compliancy codes related to various assigned trades.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using plumbing, electrical and carpentry tools.
- Knowledge in the commercial/ industrial electrical trade.
- Ability to analyze problems and situations and make sound, reasonable decisions.
- Ability to read, translate and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Skilled in the use of safe work practices and procedures using appropriate safety equipment and devices.
- Ability to operate various types of lifts and motorized equipment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Positive attitude.