How to Schedule a Program
1 - Divide your classes into smaller groups to accommodate the capacity of the education program you have selected. Larger groups should plan a longer visit to MOSI to facilitate the rotation of students through the selected programs.
2 - Call the Reservations Office at 813-987-6000 at least two weeks prior to your program date, and have the following information ready:
- School or organization name
- Complete address, email, and telephone number
- Contact person/group leader
- Number of children and adults
- Grade/age level
- Arrival and departure time
- Film and program preferences
3 - Every adult and child planning to participate in the Sky Trail® Ropes Course or Zip Line must have a waiver of liability form that is signed and submitted by the date of your trip. See the Sky Trail® page for important information about waivers and height, weight, and clothing requirements. A new, signed waiver is required for each guest on each day. Waiver must be signed by the parent or legal guardian of all minors under 18, under Florida law. For tracking purposes, waivers must be on paper, not electronic.
- A $50 deposit must be received at least two weeks prior to the group visit. Deposit can be made with cash, check, credit card, or purchase order payable to MOSI.
- Mail your deposit to “Education Reservations.” The deposit ensures space is reserved for your group in the requested program(s) and time(s).
- The balance is due upon arrival at MOSI. To receive group rates, one payment is required for the entire group, both students and adults.
- Groups require a minimum of 15 people to receive group admission rates.
- MOSI membership and special passes do not apply to student or chaperone group rates.
- Consult the program page for specific registration and alternate payment requirements.
- Rates in the School Program Guide and MOSI brochure apply to school and youth groups that consist primarily of students and children.
A refund of the deposit, minus a processing fee of $15, will be issued to groups canceling up to one week prior to the visit. No-shows and cancellations made one week or less prior to the field trip will forfeit the deposit.
A confirmation packet that includes an invoice, confirmation letter, map, and information about parking and group food service will be emailed within two weeks after receipt of your reservation.
Chaperone Requirements & Responsibilities
MOSI requires the following chaperone ratios
Preschool - 1 adult per 5 students
Elementary/middle - 1 adult per 10 students
High school - 1 adult per 15 students
- For special needs groups, the adult-to-student ratio is based on the group’s needs
- All required chaperones receive free admission to MOSI and all programs except Florida Hospital IMAX® DOME Theatre films, special exhibitions, and Sky Trail® Ropes Course & Zip Line.
- Adults accompanying the group beyond the required number of chaperones pay adult rates.
- Chaperones and adults are responsible for the behavior of the group and are required to supervise and stay with students at all times during the visit.
Ask about our bus transportation, now available throughout all Florida counties! Scheduling is flexible and maximizes the length of your trip. Buses can arrive as early and depart and depart as late as needed to meet your school's scheduling needs.
For reservations call 813-987-6000