Are you interested in making a lasting impact with individuals and your community? Are you looking for volunteer service hours? From working the front line of the museum to helping behind the scenes, you will find inspiring experiences and discover how you and MOSI make Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) real for people of all ages and backgrounds.
MOSI is a non-profit, community-based institution and educational resource that is dedicated to advancing public interest, knowledge, and understanding of science, industry, and technology.
Daily Support Volunteers
Daily Support Volunteers are individuals that desire to work with people by helping bring MOSI's exhibits to life. There are a wide range of fun and meaningful volunteer opportunities in this category.
- Ages 15 and up
- Applications are currently being accepted.
- Fees: $50 application fee applies
Interested? Please click here for the Daily Support Application
Summer Science Camp Volunteers
Education Department, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Ages 15 and up
- $100 application fee applies
In the Classroom
- Classroom Management and attention
- Assist campers with classroom activities
- Help instructors prepare supplies, decorate classrooms and clean-up
- Help keep head counts and groups together
- Assist with restroom and medication trips
- Assist campers with lunchtime
- Actively engage with campers during Activity Time
- Play games and participate in various activities with campers
- Ensure that campers feel comfortable, by watching interactions between kids
- All applicants will need to successfully complete a background screening
- Experience working with children preferred
- Previous experience working with volunteers preferred
- Experience working with the public
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to monitor, listen and respond to all communications in a timely manner; act upon requests promptly
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Interested? Please click here for the Summer Science Camp Application.
Submit or Mail Applications/Resumes to:
MOSI, Administration, 4801 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa, FL 33617
EOE / DFW
Corporate Groups and Group Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to volunteer at MOSI!
We love having volunteers from businesses, corporate offices, social clubs, community programs, membership clubs, fraternities/sororities, churches, or just a group of your friends! We can easily accommodate groups of all sizes, and are excited to discuss in more detail the upcoming volunteer opportunities we may have for your group.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
To apply for an internship with MOSI, please browse from our list of openings and coordinate with your college or university.
Internship opportunities may be available in areas such as:
If you’re seeking independent internship opportunities for professional development or summer experiences please contact the MOSI Volunteer Program at: MOSIVAX@mosi.org
To inquire about current internship opportunities that are unlisted, please contact the Volunteer Program at: MOSIVAX@mosi.org