PART-TIME Employment Opportunities
Click here to download our Employment Application.
To print the application, simply click "print" on your browser and wait for it to print. When the application printing is completed, click the "back" button on your browser to return to this page. If you would like to attach a resume to your application, please do so.
This part-time position is responsible for program development and delivery with STEAM content through a hands-on approach. Off-site programs will be delivered in schools, outdoor venues, or community events. Onsite programs will be delivered in MOSI labs, classrooms, and exhibit spaces. This position requires working closely with students, teachers, parents, and program participants, as well as daily interaction MOSI staff and volunteers.
- Deliver programs that incorporate STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art+Design, and Math) content, critical thinking, problem solving and scientific methodology
- Set the tone and excitement level to optimize a positive experience for all participants
- Greet program participants, teachers and students, take attendance, and be responsible for students
- Present planned activities pertaining to assigned classes
- Develop new programs and activities as assigned
- Includes light administrative duties such as filing, copying, recording/analyzing data, and organizing
- Purchase supplies and take inventory as assigned
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- Science knowledge or background required
- Background in Health Sciences, Engineering, and Physical Sciences strongly preferred
- Experience serving diverse audiences of children strongly preferred
- Ability to work with flexible schedules and duties
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and develop new content and programs
- Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Certified Florida Teaching Credential a plus but not required
- Two years of experience instructing and/or working with children required
- Must be approved to work with children (Clear Level II Background Screening through Department of Children & Families required)
- Must be comfortable with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- MOSI is open 365 days a year. Employee may be required to work holidays, evenings, and/or weekends
- Ability to flex schedule and adapt to shift changes according to business and seasonal needs