FULL-TIME Employment Opportunities
Click here to download our Employment Application.
To print the application, simply click "print" on your browser and wait for it to print. When the application printing is completed, click the "back" button on your browser to return to this page. If you would like to attach a resume to your application, please do so.
Guest Experience Team / Exhibits
Full-time Position with Benefits
This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of all exhibits, permanent, traveling, and visiting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and adjusts electromechanical, pneumatic, audiovisual and electronic exhibits.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on exhibits, mechanical, electrical, cabinetry repair, including cleaning, lubricating, painting, etc.
- Assists with facility enhancements as related to exhibits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Competency in electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and painting.
- Familiarity with multimedia in exhibits including software and hardware.
- Familiarity in theatrical lighting a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task effectively, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Science Center exhibits helpful.
- Knowledge in masonry, welding, electronics, and carpentry.
- Ability to work individually and with a team.
- Mechanical aptitude and detail oriented.
- Problem solving and creative thinking.
- Familiarity in OS and Windows operating systems a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Significant training/experience in most of the following trades: electrical, machinery, plumbing, painting, welding, and others.
- Two years’ experience in exhibits repair preferred
SPECIAL WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- MOSI is open 365 days a year. Employee may be required to work some holidays, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and good driving record required.
- Standing for 2 to 4 hour shifts
- Frequent bending, squatting, stooping
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.