FULL-TIME Employment Opportunities
Click here to download our Employment Application.
To print the application, simply click "print" on your browser and wait for it to print. When the application printing is completed, click the "back" button on your browser to return to this page. If you would like to attach a resume to your application, please do so.
Full-time Position w/ Benefits
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for fulfilling three main goals for the organization: Aid in the expansion of MOSI’s financial resources by increasing and diversifying the donors’ base; provide technical support to the organizational fundraising strategy and fundraising plan; and, provide technical and administrative support to the current fund raising activities.
- Prepares fundraising and administrative materials including, but not limited to, sponsorship proposals, year-end appeals, and correspondence for Director of Development’s signature, meeting notices, agendas, letters, various development reports, schedules and lists.
- Assists with fundraising plans that help to increase contributions from all sources, including foundations, individuals, and corporate gifts.
- Assists with the procurement of “in-kind” food and beverage donations and/or sponsorships for special events.
- Assesses, analyzes and evaluates fundraising programs and specialized projects for major events.
- Serves as the point person for the planning and execution of special events, keeping track of event budget, and working closely with the Volunteer Program Manager on coordination of volunteers/interns.
- Identifies potential donors through research and event networking.
- Maintains personal and Department Director’s donor records; solicits and acknowledges in-kind donations.
- Attends board, committee, staff and other meetings as needed, either as recording secretary or team member.
- Types memos, prepares purchase requisitions, payment requests and other forms and documents; utilizes computer skills in preparing quality reports, charts, and graphs.
- Assists in the planning of MOSI’s special events, along with cultivation, marketing and recognition functions; this includes annual galas and other events.
- Works with Executive Assistant to the CEO to coordinate schedules of executive and development office meetings.
- Assists the Director of Development in the management of his schedule/calendar; arranges meetings, schedules appointments and handles calls from both internal and external sources.
- Coordinates meeting arrangements, refreshments, room reservations, etc., for board meetings, senior management meetings and committee meetings as requested.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for meetings as requested. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Work closely with MOSI Data Collection Staff to organize and prioritize large volumes of information regarding recent and past sponsorships/donations
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Proficient in working with Windows, MSOffice suite of products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Valid FL Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Considerable knowledge of procedures, functions, and specialized terminology of the museum
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines as needed
- Ability to maintain confidential information with discretion
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required for computer entry
- Physical ability to stand for 2-4 hour periods at a time for event coordination
- MOSI is open 363-365 days a year. Employee will be required to work some special events which may fall on holidays, evenings, and/or weekends.