Para más información en español, haga clic aquí.
The applications for 2016 has passed. Please check back in January 2017 for information on applying next year.
YES! Team Sign-Up Schedule: Click Here
What is the YES! Team?
Are you interested in becoming an active member in the community? Do you enjoy watching things blow up? Does exploring caves sound fun to you? If so, then the YES! Team is the right place for you. The Museum of Science and Industry’s YES! Team (Youth Enriched by Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) is a service-learning program that involves underserved students in community service activities and helps apply those experiences to their personal and academic development. This unique opportunity benefits and enriches the students as well as their community, both locally and globally.
Want to meet the current YES! Team? Click here
- Ages 13-17
- Enrolled in school or educational program
- Available to meet regularly on weekends during the school year and weekdays during the summer
- Willing to commit for a minimum of one year
- Have a means of transportation to and from MOSI on meeting days
- Must complete the YES! Team application, which includes two references
- Preference given to underserved and/or at risk teens
Benefits of Joining
- Work experience & job opportunities
- Field trips, such as caving
- School, college, career readiness
- Participate in MOSI’s annual National Hispanic Scientist of the Year gala and other on-site events
- Exposure to S.T.E.A.M. careers
- Increase self-esteem
- Leadership skills
- Team partners with S.T.E.A.M. industries and Higher Ed institutions such as, Verizon, BB&T, Florida Hospital, University of South Florida, University of Tampa, Volt Air Engineering, TECO, Moffitt Cancer Center, PricewaterhouseCoopers, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and MOSAIC.
- Critical thinking skills
- Have fun & make lifelong friendships
- Volunteer/service hours
- Resume building
- Participate in MOSI’s community outreach events, such as the Gasparilla parade
- Mentorship opportunities
- Customer service training
- Develop S.T.E.A.M. literacy in areas such as: art/design, astronomy, biology, chemistry, computer programming/robotics, engineering, and physics
- Scholarship opportunities